Thursday, May 12, 2011

Latest Play Things in the Sewing Room

I am working hard at getting a few things off my list before heading to work in another week's time. The past few days I have been playing with a little baby quilt I am making a good friend of mine for her little 4 month old boy.



I finished the top last night around 11:30. Here is a little sneak peek of the quilt. It is approximately 54" x 54". It will be a nice play quilt or a cute snuggle quilt when he is older when lying on the couch cuddling with Mommy and Daddy. I just loooooooove the colour combination with this quilt and had sooo much fun making the teddy bear faces. I found the quilt kit on the Connecting Threads website. I just loooooooooooooooove that website and have done a bit of damage to my bank account on this site!! lol

Here is another little something I have been working on with my embroidery machine. I am making these little mug rugs to add to a care package that Trevor and I are sending to our friends Sinan and his wife Ulku in Turkey.



Sinan and I were penpals many moons ago. I met him when I was 21 years old when I travelled by myself to Turkey to visit him and another friend of mine Pelin. Sinan lives in Istanbul, and my girlfriend Pelin lives in Ankara. I spent 2 glorious amazing weeks in that country and just fell in love with the whole culture, food, sounds, history and sooooooooooooooooooooo much more!!! I am DETERMINED to go back to that country again. I can't WAIT for the day when I do!!!!!

Tonight I plan to complete the mug rugs and get them layered and quilted. We want to send the care package off in the mail before the end of the weekend.

Speaking of mug rugs... I am involved in another mug rug swap here at Leona's Quilting Adventure!!! I had fun the last time with her first mug rug swap, I just HAD to get involved again!!!! While I make this one, I will make a little one for William. It will be more of a smaller version of a placemat though as he needs his own little mat at the dinner table. I will make it with frog fabrics and embroidered design as he loves frogs!

My next goal is to get the red strippy quilt quilted. This is a quilt I made back in February during the "red"themed month in February with the Rainbow Quilt Challenge.

Well it is almost 10am here and I have to get myself ready to run a few errands this morning and afternoon. My first one being a dental appt. to get a cleaning. Chat again soon!!!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Cute quilt you're working on, Andrea. I love the machine embroidery you make. I'm sure your friends will love their handmade gifts.

Sue said...

That bear quilt is just wonderful! I love the colors and the fabric :)

Beeps said...

Did you make those adorable teddy bear faces? Love that quilt! The quilt recipient is so lucky to have such a talented friend :)

Anita said...

Those teddy bears are adorable! Heck, I'd want to snuggle under it. :) Love the embroidery, can't wait to see the finished product.