Sunday, May 8, 2011

Wild and Crazy Week!!

Whew!!!! What a week!!!! I have been insanely busy since before William's birthday party last week that I haven't had much chance to go online let alone blog!!!! The next two weeks will probably be just as busy as I have 2 weeks remaining before I head back to work full time. This was a wild and crazy yet fun year between raising a sweet little boy for his first year and being very very sick myself. Despite being sick most of the past year, I have enjoyed every single precious second with my little boy during my maternity leave. But now it is time to start the next chapter of my life and get back to work.

In the next 2 weeks I have a few more doctor's appts, a dentist appt., an appt. to set up for William for his 1 year old needles and check up. Not to mention a pile of phone calls to make!!!! I also want to finish up a few more things in my sewing room.

This past week, I managed to complete a few more sets of embroidered Christmas bathroom towel sets, bind two more sets of Christmas placemats, make two baby bunting bags for my boy,


cut out two more mug rugs and have them embroidered for my friends in Turkey we are sending a care package to.

I also worked in the kitchen making cakes and cookies and nibblies for William's birthday party we had here at the house last Saturday, April 30th. I made a carrot cake for the gang at work. (I took William into the office on his birthday, Friday the 29th to pass out cake), I made William's birthday cake he would have himself at his party,




(Something tells me he liked his cake)!!


(the birthday loot)!!!

as well as a cake for all his guests. I also made mini eclairs, cheese dips, stuffed brie wrapped in puff pastry, vanilla cupcakes,



a big pot of slow cooker chili, and other nibblies.

I really hope despite all the work and things to get done before going back to work I will work harder at my blog! I hate being away from my blog and reading up on all my friend's blogs too!!! Once I return to work, my time will be limited to evenings after bambino is down for the night and my weekends. I plan to stuff in as much as possible during the times including my blogging!!!!!! I am a queen of multitasking!!!!! lol

And although there is only 5 more minutes to the end of the day, I do want to wish all of you Mom's, new moms and moms to be a VERY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!! I had a really nice day myself. I got to have a beautiful sleep in (thank you sweetie)!!! William and Trevor gave me some beautiful clothes, I got to have some play time with my little boy, and then Trevor and William went to Nanny and Poppy Best's house for supper and I got to spend some nice quiet quality time with my Mum and enjoy a nice supper together. It was a very nice and relaxing day. I am soooo lucky and blessed to be the Mommy to one super duper amazing little boy!!!!!!





Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

1 comment:

Anita said...

Happy Mothers Day to you. Goodness you have been busy, but all that food sounds divine! Stuffed brie, YUM! Good luck returning to the workplace.